Oluwaseun Ogunbela is a Nigerian Visual Artist who lives and works has a Graphic Designer/Photographer in Lagos.
He holds a Higher National Diploma in Graphics Design (2009) and Ordinary National Diploma in General Arts- Painting, Sculpture, Textile and Ceramics (2006) from the Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, Nigeria. His passion for photography has developed from a very tender age has he saved to buy his first camera when he was 10years old. Photography to him is a means of expressing his creativity, which has ultimately transformed into a lifelong passion. Oluwaseun participated in a photography cultural exchange in 2008/2009; ‘Paris – Lagos Photo Exchange Project’ between students from École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts, Paris, France and Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. Oluwaseun is aware of the literal nature of an image he sees and strives to go beyond that in an aesthetic sense to create a captivating image…
EDUCATION: 2007 – 2009 HND in Graphics Design, December 2009, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, Nigeria. Major studies in Graphics design, Photography, Printmaking, Life and Outdoor drawing. 2004 – 2006 OND in General Art, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, Nigeria. Minor studies in Painting, Ceramics, Textile, Art History, Sculpture, Life and Outdoor drawing.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & TRAININGS:
- Attended the Fine Art School of Paris Photography workshop in Beaux – arts de paris
l’ecole nationale superieure. 14 rue Bonaparte 75272 Paris-France.
27th of Nov. to 10th of Dec. 2009.
- Participated in Life in my City Art exhibition 2009 Edition
- Participated in Paris-Lagos Cultural Exchange held in collaboration with Yabatech &
Fine Art School of Paris (ENSBA) and exhibited in Alliance Francie Ikoyi Lagos (2008)
- ADSA (Yabatech) Art & Design Student Associations’ General Exhibition (2008)
- Fidelity Helping Hands Logo Competition (2009)
- The 7 Star Worker workshops – July 2013
- “THE IN-SIDE OF YOU” Training organised by Poise Nigeria – February 2014