The Invisible Borders Trans-African Organisation is run by passionate artists with unflinching belief in the ideals of the project. The task of keeping the organisation running on a daily basis is challenging. The workload of the organisation is increasing daily as we become more active, and ambitious.
We are currently seeking volunteers who would work with us to further the aims of the organisation, those who are passionate about what we do and would like to become part of this experience.We do not pay salaries so far to our volunteers, but will pay incidental cost accrued while performing duties. We are likely to retain competent volunteers as administrators of the Organisation.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following categories:
- Head of Administration (to handle the administrative chores related to running the Organisation
- Project Managers for Administration for specific projects
- Communication and public relations personnel
- Research Assistants (research related to IB projects and fundraising)
- Marketing Manager (distribution and sales of content)
- Translators (English to French)
If you are interested in working with us in any of the mentioned roles, please write us with the following information:
- A curriculum vitae highlighting previous and present commitments
- A motivation letter stating why you would like to join the Invisible Borders Team
- Contact details (email address and telephone number) of two references.
Before you write us, take some time to familiarize yourself with our activities via our website and Facebook page. If necessary, write us a preliminary email with any question you may have before submitting your application. We will invite shortlisted candidates for an interview to discuss the modalities of working with the organisation. Only serious applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please note that a 3-months evaluation period applies after which both parties can decide on whether to continue the engagement.
Volunteering for Invisible Borders can only be done remotely (online, via internet). We rely on our various virtual workflow/communication platforms for this. This means that no matter where you are in the world you can work with Invisible Borders. You must have sufficient access to a working computer, a smartphone and reliable internet connection. Proficiency in computer operating systems and word processing applications is essential.
Where a volunteer is required to travel for his/her assignment for the Organisation, we shall take care of the travel expenses to the extent agreed by both parties.
Send email and documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications.