Adeola Olagunju is a Nigerian photographer who lives and works in Lagos. She received a B.Tech (Hons.) degree in Fine and Applied Arts from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology in 2009.
She has worked as a Graphic Artist for Advertising Agencies including Platform Branding Company in Lagos Nigeria. Born in Ilesa, Osun State, Adeola encountered Photography while studying in Ogbomoso. Her diffused consciousness of arts, time and trends has made her a critical, creative, meditative, and passionate artist. Adeola won the Lagos Photo Festival Award Prize for the year 2012 and the Young ArtFund Amsterdam Award for the year 2013.
- 2013: GO-SLOW: Diaries of Personal and Collective Stagnation in Lagos. Skoto Gallery, New York.
- 2013: FNB Johannesburg Art Fair: Phantasm of the Non-City.
- 2013: Am I Not a Man and a Brother? Am I not a Woman and a Sister? James Harris Gallery, Seattle, Washington.
- 2013: Lagos Photo Festival, Megacity and the Non-City.
- 2013: A View on Lagos: Goethe Institute Nigeria Master Class Exhibition.
- 2012: Lagos Photo: Self Portraits Workshop with Delphine Fawundu
- 2013: Lagos: Actions & Archives, Performance Art Workshop with Wura Ogunji
- 2013: The Story: Photography Workshop at the Nlele Institute Lagos, Nigeria.
- 2013: A View on Lagos: Goethe Institute Master Class Photography Workshop with Akinbode Akinbiyi.
- 2013: The Photographers’ Master Class (Portfolio Review) by Goethe Institute South Africa with Simon Njami, Akinbode Akinbiyi, Chris Dercon, Fréderique Chapuis and Katrin Peters Klaphake.
- 2013: Lagos Photo Summer School: 1-Month Residency in Berlin, Germany. A Photography Exchange Project between Neue Schule für Fotografie and the Lagos Photo Foundation.
Coordinator DIALOGUE: ARTISTS TALK, an interactive gathering of Ten Nigerian Artists with the Objective: To bridge the Pseudo-Gender Gap // To Brainstorm: Open gateway of thoughts and creativity // To break the jinx of hierarchical biases // To create a solid networking among young artists
- 2012: Lagos Photo Festival Award
- 2013: Young Art Fund Amsterdam Award