Teresa Menka is a photographer from Accra, Ghana born on October 22nd 1990. A creative and detail-oriented person photography is her medium of expression.
Her work is a process of questioning and self-discovery, she seeks to document her relationship with the society and how that evolves with time. Her choice of subject comes from her life experience, observing and questioning the various interactions that transpire in her space.
- 2014: Mugran Foto week Where the Niles Meet Khartoum, Sudan
- 2014: Gwanza Month of Photography Moonwalking, Harare
- 2011: Accra, Springboard to Bamako, Accra by Alliance Francaise
- 2013: Sudan, Fine Art Photography workshop by Invisible Borders/ Sudanese Photographers Association
- 2014: Accra, Berlin/Dakar workshop at Goethe Institut
- 2014: South Africa, The Photographers’ Master Class (Portfolio Review) by Goethe Institute with Simon Njami, Akinbode Akinbiyi, Katrin Peters – Klaphake, Fréderique Chapuis and John Fleetwod.
- 2015: Accra, Documentary Photography workshop by Insitut Francais with Gael Turine 2015