Lucy Azubuike obtained masters in sculpture at the Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta USA 2015.
She expresses herself with diverse media: photography, painting, performance, video art, installations and sculpture. She has had several art exhibitions and workshops internationally ‘We Face Forward ‘Manchester City Galleries and Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester 2012. She worked with the ‘Invisible Borders ‘Team’ She was one of the speakers at the Women Photographers International Symposium 28-30 November Istanbul, 2013.
Azubuike’s conceptual approach questions the way in which we view our everyday environment and women issues. Her art is informed by chance interactions. Life‘s serendipity fascinates her. Subconscious acts and marks made either by humans or natures inspire her. She advocates ‘Perception shift’. Trees often play the central role in her work. She has also discovered paper as medium of her works.
Savannah Collage of Art and Design (SCAD) MFA Sculpture, Atlanta GA
- 2014 Teaching Internship Photoshop craft class SCAD Atlanta GA
- 2013 Visiting Artist, Doğa School Istanbul, TURKEY
- Photography Adobe Photoshop Adobe Modeling and Printing Adobe After
- Effect Rhino 3D, Public speaking, Stone Carving, Casting and Modeling, Mentoring
- 2013 Keynote Speaker “Relating To Nature and the Environment through Photography”
- Semiha Es- The Women Photographers International Symposium Istanbul, TURKEY
- 2014: “Half the Story” Thesis solo exhibition
- 2013 “The World of Extraordinary Objects” October Gallery, London, UK
- 2011 Contemporary Video Art Work from Africa An International Video Art Festival Across Yorkshire London, UK
- 2012 We Face Forward: Art From West Africa Today Whitworth Art Gallery Manchester,UK
- 2010 “6 Stories/6 Hours/6 Artists’” Johannesburg Art Gallery, Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA