Chidinma Nnorom Chinke
Chidinma Nnorom Chinke, born in 1985 is an artist living and working in Lagos, Nigeria. She has a Higher National Diploma in Graphics Design from Yaba College of Technology Lagos, Nigeria.
She refines her own visual and conceptual vocabulary that emerges through her focus on the points of intersection between forms and textures, the real and the uncommon. She has participated in various workshops, exhibitions and projects which include the Invisible Borders Trans African Project from Lagos, Nigeria to Dakar, Senegal in 2010. Chidinma is a two-time finalist in the National Art Competition organized by African Artists Foundation and Nigerian Breweries in 2011 and 2013. In 2014, she participated in a photography master class on Cultural Heritage organized by Goethe Institute and The Nlele Institute African Center for Photography, Lagos. Her works have been exhibited in Nigeria and abroad.
- Graphics Designer , at Enoms Creations Enterprise. 2014- 2015, Vee Global Concepts, Lagos, 2011, 2013, Shared Insights Communications, Lagos, 2009.
- Freelance Cartoonist, at Aprokotoons. 2015, National Life News Paper, Lagos,2009.
- Assistant Fashion Instructor, at Delta State Youth. Development and Skill Acquisition Center, Orerokpe, Delta State. July 2010 – June 2011
- Teacher of Fine Arts, at Kome International School, Lagos, 2007
- Cultural heritage, photography master class and exhibition, Goethe Institute, Lagos.2014
- The Ambiguity of the Face: Portrait Workshop. The Nlele Institute, African Center for Photography, Lagos. December 2013
- Story (Photography workshop), The Nlele Institute, African Center For Photography, Lagos. March 2013
- History/Matter Residency, Center for Contemporary Art, Lagos. May 1st- 26th, 2012.
- Finalist, National Art Competition, organized by African Artists Foundation and Nigerian Breweries, 2011, 2013.
- Participant, Invisible Borders Trans African project, Lagos to Dakar, 2010
- On Independence and the Ambivalence of Promise, International Art Photography Workshop and exhibition, Center for Contemporary Art, Lagos, Nigeria. 8th Feb.-6th March 2010
- Paris – Lagos photo exchange project, National Fine Art School of Paris, France. 27th November-10th December 2009
- Paris – Lagos photo exchange project, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos, Nigeria, April, 2008